I went on that Pokémon fusion thing for the first time and this is what greeted me:
The happiest little testicle I’ve ever seen.
Just 3 of the 50+ porcelain oysters that Taylor Carlton and I made together for the Bay Pearls Exchange! I finally finished editing a selection of about half of the full batch. Only a few more *special* oysters remain to be photographed.
We used matte mason stains on the front side of the shells, and glossy combinations of shino and clear glazes on the insides. Firing some in oxidation and some in reduction, we were able to produce a variety of surface effects, creating oysters that look “diseased” or “polluted,” and others that appear “healthy.”
I’ve launched a new page on my website for the project. Visit this link for more hi-resolution close-ups of these one-of-a-kind beauties!